[RAGG] Re: The Most Important Thing is...

Randolph Mack rmack1 at micro-net.com
Fri Oct 1 16:03:32 CDT 2004

 Cool! Hope the event is a huge success!

 Barring a dark horse lottery win (dark horse in that, I don't buy lottery
tickets!) or discovery of oil in my yard (oops, that would belong to the
landlord), I don't think I can make it out. But I'll be thinking of you!

 BA is playing all over the country these days, but alas nowhere near
Illinois... unless Minneapolis counts... :-)

 _Randy

 BURNING ANNIE
***************
*
*       www.BurningAnnie.com
*
* * WINNER * BEST FEATURE * 2004 MassBay Int'l Film Festival * *
*
*   Nominated for SEVEN Tastie Awards! Best Feature, Best Director,
* Best Screenplay, Best Actor (Gary Lundy), Best Actress (Sara Downing),
*  Best Supporting Actress (Kim Murphy), and the Audience Choice Award
*
* Starring Gary Lundy, Sara Downing, Brian Klugman, Jay Paulson,
*   Rini Bell, Todd Duffey, Kathleen Perkins, and Kim Murphy Zandell
*
* * * Directed by Van Flesher * * * Written by Zack Ordynans * * *
*                 * * * Produced by Randy Mack * * *
*
* "STRIKES SO CLOSE TO HOME that it's impossible
*       to think about with any sort of detachment...
*       Succeeds in conjuring the tone and spirit
*       of 'Annie Hall'-- a remarkable thing.
*               BURNING ANNIE may be the best movie
*               I've seen this year."
*                               - Entertainment Today
*
* "A HILARIOUS HOMAGE to Woody Allen.
*        Lundy has a wiseass, nerdy charisma
*        and Downing matches him in
*                smarts and screen presence.
*        The wisecracking amorous trio could
*                carry a Hollywood movie..."
*                                - Providence Phoenix
*
* "Clearly a labor of love.
*         The BEST romantic comedy I've
*             seen in years. A GREAT FILM."
*                                - MSNBC
*
* "COMPELLING... Captures the college experience very well.
*        Character interactions provide
*                a host of memorable scenes...
*        A WONDERFUL FILM. Recommended."
*                                - The Numbers
*
* "Likable-- tons of 'tude!
*        SMART-ASS PUNS, WITTY REPARTEE,
*         sardonic asides, and
*           SHARP SOCIAL OBSERVATIONS.
*                Kim Murphy is luminous."
*                                - Daily Variety
*
* "Relentlessly funny from fade to fade,
*        WITHOUT A FALSE NOTE BETWEEN...
*                Humor that is rooted in honesty.
*                        A riotous, WHIP-SMART film."
*                                - Bangin' Banana
*
* "At once TOUCHING AND FUNNY, but
*         never cloying or cute-- credit
*         the deft writing and camera work.
*               Add an excellent score and
*         THIS LITTLE FILM COMES UP BIG."
*                                - E. Hampton Independent