[RAGG] Looking for Volunteers!

Anne Odom anne at webeasel.net
Wed Sep 29 10:43:14 CDT 2004

All:

RAGG's been quiet since the launch, but we're ready to get loud again.  Due
to job changes and relocations, we've lost a few of our core organizers, and
we're looking to find some more.  If you're interested, we'll be resuming
weekly core organizer meetings on Sunday evening, October 24th, at 7pm.
Meetings last for about 1-1/2 hours. Can't make the meeting, but still
interested?  Email us at ragg-core at ucimc.org.

These are the topics we will be covering in our first meeting:

1. Organizer attrition:  we're losing core organizers, both girls and women.
Why?  Some of this is due to people moving and changing life
responsibilities, but there may be other reasons.  Let's talk about how to
keep our core healthy and strong.

2. Fundraising - We have a few ideas; maybe we need a committee just for
this?

3. RAGG MAG - It's past time for a new issue, and Zoe G. has this great idea
for Mag-in-a-nite.  An all nite event where a mag is created from start
(coming up with a theme and writing articles) to finish (paste-up, copies,
and distribution) in one nite.

4. Programming - what else do we want to try to do this year?  Monthly
workshops?  Any kind of timely campaigns?  The Pilates institue in Champaign
is woman-owned and has expressed interest in offering reduce-priced classes
to RAGG members, if we can guarantee a certain amount of students.  Should
we pursue?  What other partnerships can we consider?  The park districts?
Can we co-sponsor programs with them and see our name printed in park
district guides?

5. Publicity - How do we get press coverage?  This is a great way to
advertise, because it's free.  Can we write articles for the spin-off?
Maybe a regular column?  What would we write on?  We can get every radio
station in the area to play PSA's.  We just have to record them and send
them in.  What we put in a PSA?  Do we need a committee just for this?

Thanks,
Anne
Anne Odom * Product Manager * WebEasel, Inc.
WebEasel - It's that easy!
anne at webeasel.net * www.webeasel.net * 217.344.0444