[RAGG] Liberation Book Sale this Saturday!!

Sarah Lazare glue83 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:55:01 CDT 2005

Liberation Book Sale this Saturday
       PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY

The Urbana-Champaign Books to Prisoners Project is holding
its first "Liberation" Book Sale on Saturday, April 9th from
9AM – 5PM.

More than 3000 books, are priced to sell. There is a great
selection of fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books to
choose from.

The sale is being held, rain or shine, at the University
Place Christian Church and Illinois Disciples Foundation (the
IDF) at 610 E. Springfield on the corner of Springfield and
Wright in Champaign.
(Please note: the UC Books to Prisoners Project has no
religious affiliation.  We are simply using the church's
space)
------------------------

The book sale is being held to fund the Urbana-Champaign
Books to Prisoners Project. This project is an outreach
program for prisoners in Illinois. The organization gets book-
request-letters from prisoners, finds books that meet their
needs, and ships them to the prisoners. They are selling these
more than 3000 donated books to raise money for postage and
other expenses.

You can attend the Liberation Book Sale to buy books or to
help package books for prisoners. Book donations and monetary
contributions are accepted the day of the sale or anytime.
Contact: 217-367-6345 or ucbtp at yahoo.com for more information
or to arrange a pick up for book donations.

The UC Books to Prisoners Project is an anti-authoritarian
collective dedicated to providing support for, and working in
solidarity with, those behind bars.  We oppose the racism and
classism of the prison industrial complex, and we seek to
find creative and positive ways to express this resistance.
In conjunction with Spineless Books, we also publish prisoner
writings.  If you are interested, check them out at:
www.spinelessbooks.com/prisoners/index.html