[Imc-midwest-regional] IMC Radio Show on WORT - 4/1

system p systemp at dog.com
Tue Mar 12 01:11:34 CST 2002

Well, I hope there's still folks lurking this list, so here
goes:

The Madison IMC is beginning a push for publicity and
outreach.  We're working on a number of things,
including an open house to showcase our site and
bring a lot of the independent media voices in and
around Madison together for the first time in, well, a
LONG time.

As a primer to this, we've secured a spot on community
radio WORT's Access Hour for Monday, April 1, to talk
up the Madison IMC and inform people in general about
the Independent Media Center movement.  We're
planning a whole plethora of stuff for our hour, but one
of the things we'd like to do is have a couple of folks
from other IMCs on to talk about our work and why we
all do this, and why it's so necessary.

If you'd like to help evangelize, and plug your own IMC
as well, send me an email and let me know if you'd be
around between 7 and 8pm (Central) on Thursday, April
1.  We will call you, so it shouldn't cost you anything but
your time (which would only be a few minutes).  Since
we've only got a limited amount of time, it'll be a
first-come-first-served kind of thing.

If you've got any questions, just drop a line....

Thanks,

-wxm