[Imc-outreach] Finance & Outreach Joint Session Meeting Notes (3/20/02):

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 20 19:58:33 CST 2002

Finance & Outreach Joint Session Meeting Notes (3/20/02):

In attendance: Mike L., Russ R. (in the beginning), Sascha M. (Notes),
Clint P., Mike W., Brian H.

Agenda:

Calvert Fund:  Russ brought a proposal to place Global IMC money into a
Calvert Socially Responsible Money Market Fund.  Finance thought it
looking into further.

Post card funding:  if under $100 Sascha can draw from our General
Business Fund to pay for the expense.  Otherwise Steering can disburse
more.  Issue should be brought to Steering either way & Mike should get
reimbursed.

Global Funds: FYI -- IMC received $46,795 from Global IMC for building the
Global Network.

Global Indymedia Conference Sponsorship: Fiscal sponsorship for a global
Indymedia conference passed by consensus.

Membership: Brian H. thought we should "start tackling" membership
renewals.  Clint P. suggested a station during the General Membership
Meeting.  Brian H. will staff the station. Sascha M. suggested that we
contact all members who need to renew.

Clint P. suggested that we flyer for the Friday Night Cabaret.  Darrin D.
will create a flyer.  Sascha M. suggested that the flyer be given to the
shows group to put up and Clint P. offered to flyer one of the Shows
flyiering routes.  Clint will also create a Cabaret PSA for WEFT.

Clint P. will contact Dan Merlo and the Octopus re: saying "yes" to the
gallery walk on April 19th (?).

Clint P. would like to do a more proactive outreach effort.  More
parties/potlucks at the IMC -- leading into the Cabaret.  Suggested that
food be set up in the "art gallery" (middle room).  At 6p.m. on the first
Friday of each month (starting in April) will now be an official IMC
Party/Potluck Extravaganza!!!  Clint P. will organize the fe(a)st.

We are looking for a volunteer to do Human Rights Nights again.  If you
are interested please send an e-mail to outreach at ucimc.org.  Also
suggested that we should have the IMC Video Working Group do the
organizing as an outreach tool to bring in video producers.

Adjourned 8p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

--Sascha Meinrath