[Imc-outreach] Re: [Imc] 8/25 outreach meeting minutes

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Aug 26 14:03:53 CDT 2004

Ellen  wrote:
> Part of the issue, is not having people to do the phone banking. We
> sent out 124 letters (I figure that the letters we didn't send we
> might not want to phone those people either since they're mostly us
> anyhow). So I think ideally we want 12 people who are willing to make
> 10 phone calls (or less) given that we are already have received some
> response from the mailing.

I think people can make a lot more than 10 phone calls. Generally when
phone banking you'll hit a LOT of people who are not home. Leave a
message and move on. I think the majority of calls will take 2-5
minutes. In 2 hours a single person could make 24-50 calls.

> I did have this idea, that we may want to call even the people who
> are responded to say thanks! and find out if they have any questions
> about the IMC...

definitely!

> Zach, do you have time to write up the talking points, or should
> that job be delegated to someone else?

I do still plan on doing this. It might not get done until I'm on the
road to NYC but I'll have net from the road and at my end point.