[Imc-outreach] Re: [Imc] 8/25 outreach meeting minutes

Ellen radicallibrarian at hellokitty.com
Thu Aug 26 14:19:06 CDT 2004

> I think people can make a lot more than 10 phone calls. Generally when
> phone banking you'll hit a LOT of people who are not home. Leave a
> message and move on. I think the majority of calls will take 2-5
> minutes. In 2 hours a single person could make 24-50 calls.

I agree that people _can_ make more than ten calls, but, and maybe this is just my bias, wouldn't it be nicer to only have to make 10 calls and maybe done in an hour or less? Of course this is coming from someone that donesn't like phonebanking.

Maybe trying to recruit 12 people is too much, but six probably isn't too bad and so far I know that Jane and Arun are willing to call, and perhaps Meghan reluctantly. And I'm trying to figure out how many people I need to recruit so I don't have to feel guilty if I don't make any calls.

Ellen
your friendly radical librarian