[Imc-outreach] outreach meeting notes for 6-21-04

Drew Tarico tarico at puresimplicity.net
Mon Jun 21 20:22:11 CDT 2004

outreach meeting notes for 6-21-04

attending: ellen k, jane, drew (notes)

We begin with an informal discussion about email list communication, and
how there is some definite room for improvement both within and without.
Ellen plans to bring the specifics to the groups in due time.

WORKING GROUP LIASONS
Ellen tried to make contact with radio - the meeting time was up in the air
library is ok - adam is the liason

Jane will contact her groups in the coming week

Drew has plans to discuss the issue with WRFU further, bu thinks it's best
to wait a little while until the cgroup settles a bit.
Video didn't meet this week.

We hope to have all the groups contacted about this matter in the coming 2
weeks.

OUR MEETING TIME
Faith has expressed interest in being in the group, but wednesdays are a
better meeting time for her.

We officially consent to moving this meeting to wednesdays
THE NEXT OUTREACH MEETING WILL BE WEDNESDAY AT 6PM

ORIENTATIONS (introduction to the IMC for newbies and/or stafffers)
We think alternating between weekends and weekdays between our 1-2 month
breaks for the orientation sessions is a good idea.

SATURDAY JULY 17TH would be a good time for the first one, we will check
with zach/appropriate peeps

Ellen will try to send out an outline of what will take place at this
session by friday, she will also be seeking DOCUMENTS from all the working
groups to help her put together USEFUL INFORMATION about us.

We think we should restrict IMC folks' talking to one hour, and then leave
at most another hour for other discussion/fun stuff.  This will probably
go down on an afternoon, but we should wait for more feedback before
committing.

PR- we need to start very soon.  IF YOU ARE READING THIS NOW, PLEASE MARK
YOUR CALENDAR (or at least think about when would be a good time for this
in your opinion)

STAFF TRAINING (related to orientations)

some notes- have staffers keep better track of who comes in (new to IMC or
not) and have that be part of a greeting (necessary but not regimented)
"have you been here before?"  "Would you like a tour?"

CAN WE DO WEDNESDAY THE 21ST at 7PM?  We know this overlaps the finance
meeting, is this ok Faith/others?

DIVERSITY
will have to be covered when we start to talk about publicity.  First we
need to make sure we're ready for new people.