[Imc-outreach] want to help

Colleen Cook colleencook7 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:05:40 CST 2004

Hi guys,

First of all, I just realized there is NO WAY I can help out on the day of
the Parade of Lights. At the theatre we are having the independent women's
film festival, Lunafest, that directly conflicts with that date. Curses!
However, if there are extra outreach people, it would be great to get them
here for the festival as there will be over 250 gung-ho women who would
probably be interested in activism.

I think the crowd here would largely be interested in brochures they can
read over while they are waiting for the film or later at home. Appropriate
brochure content for our audience could vary. For example, this week we are
hosting the anti-globalization film, The Yes Men. This is IMC all the way.
Mission statement, productive activism, taking the world into your own
hands. EVERYTHING. We desperately needed someone here this week [it ends
Thursday] to promote the IMC. I have been rattling off to as many people as
possible about the IMC, but I really could have [and still could] use some
help with this. I doubt we will get another independent and specifically
anti-globalization film for awhile. [Plus, it is excellent]. For some films,
we put up displays up in the lobby for additional reading material, etc. We
had IMC stuff up for Fahrenheit and the Corporation. If you can get me a
display ASAP, I'll get it up for the next three days.

But more basic content appropriate for our regular crowd would be along the
lines of alternative media and supporting artists, activists, and CULTURE in
our community. I think that largely people would be less interested in
joining working groups, but rather identify more with philanthropy. They
want to know our accomplishments and be able to tell their friends they are
supporting the movement. So a flyer that touts work that has been in our
gallery, exhibitions, film fests, documentaries, radio programming,
literature, and global technological accomplishments would be ideal.

Sorry, if it is a lot of info. Please respond, I am very interested to hear
your ideas.
-Colleen