[Imc-outreach] Outreach Meeting notes 2/2/2005

ellen K radicallibrarian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:23:52 CST 2005

Outreach meeting 2-2-2005
Attending: Meghan (facilitating), Jane, Ellen (note taking), Zach

*Leafletting:
Copier: Out of toner. Checked number of copies made. Finance 403
(12.5%), Outreach 1784 (55.7%), RFU 301 (9.4%),  Shows 211 (6.5%),
Zach 500 (15.6%). Ellen will check how much toner costs. Jane will
bring up at steering.

Making Copies: 500 copies. People wanting to help with leafleting
should meet at the IMC Saturday at 2. If you want to help fold
leaflets come at 1.

*Orientation:
Feb. 26, 3-5pm, Space free. Working groups to participate? Jane will
bring up at Steering

Suggested structure for Orientation:
What does the IMC do?
How does the IMC do it?
What do you want to do?
How can you get involved?

*10 Easy Things
1. donate working vacuum
2. become a member/renew your membership
3. tidy the space when you're in it/do your dishes!
4. water the plants
5. check voice mail
6. donate a subscription to the IMC Library
7. donate consumables: toilet paper/paper towels
                                      cleaning supplies
                                      printer/copier paper
8. Bring a friend to the IMC space
9. Flier, distribute brochures to your colleagues friends, family
10. send a news tip to newsroom at ucimc.org/ post a story to www.ucimc.org

Meghan will work on a flier for this.

*Online calendar
Zach will put up an online calendar where we can track staffing

*RFU orientation
in April, we'll plan an IMC orientation to follow shortly after