[Imc-outreach] orientation and events list

ellen K radicallibrarian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:41:19 CST 2005

OK,

So I spoke with Mike, and the RFU training/orientation that he talked
with us about weeks ago, was the same one Lyndsee talked to us
about... that is the one on April 9th. Mike would like to be able to
tell the folks that come to the April 9th thing when the next IMC
orientation is. (And it would probably be a good thing to have a palm
flyer or something that they could give out -- that's my suggestion).
So we need to set a date before then.  Right now April 23 through May
8 I'm pretty free. So if you want to pick a date between them, that
fine by me. I don't have a stron opinion whether or not it a weekend
or weeknight.

OK, I didn't do anything about checking if everyone on IMC is also on
IMC-events, so until that is done maybe we should send the "This week
at the IMC" to both. It just now occurs to me that perhaps we should
also sign up working group list members to the events list... just a
thought...

 Finally, I talked with video last night about the IMC infomercial.
They are still excited to work on it, though it will probably take
place in the summer. Though they though it could be done by July
(which if we're sticking to an every two months orientation schedule
would be the next one). Something we should think about is what is the
overall message we want to convey with the video...

So, I'm very nearly off to Portland, so I won't be at the meeting
tonight, and I won't be there next week.

Cheers,
Ellen