[Imc-outreach] Quad Day Booth 2006

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 7 13:35:55 CDT 2006

I signed up the IMC, UIUC Chapter for a Quad Day booth today. We're all
set as far as the paperwork goes. I have the receipt, which they suggest
whoever checks us in should have that day. It is Application #308. I
paid the $15 fee as a donation out of pocket, so there is no need for
reimbursement. Obviously, this will need to be organized in August.

Quad Day 2006 is August 22. We must be checked in and at our booth by
9:45am. Check-in opens at 8:30am. The booth is an 8' x 8' square. We
can't sell anything, give away food or drink, and must stay behind our
table. There are a limited # of tables available (first come, first
serve, I think), but in the past we generally brought our own table; if
we want chairs, we have to bring them ourselves, as none are provided.

All IMC Working groups and sponsored projects should consider the
possibilities for public outreach offered by participating in Quad Day,
with thousands of students, many of them new, available to give
literature and talk to. The Outreach group is slated to be revived, so I
have CC-ed this to that list. It would be great if someone was willing
to step forward to take the lead on this project.
Mike Lehman
President, IMC, UIUC Chapter
(title only needed for invocation in order to influence the academic
bureaucracy; please cite it as needed, if anyone asks who signed us up)