[Imc-outreach] Re: [Imc] Greetings from Tallahassee IMC

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 12 14:00:25 CST 2006

Hi Rich,
I took a quick look at your questionaire. It is very comprehensive and
with a good response rate, could provide some real insights into the
shape of Indymedia as a movement in the US. I personally would support
the participation of UC IMC in this. We'll probably talk about this at
our next Steering meeting on March 16.

In fact, IMCs might find it productive to use your questionaire as the
basis of an internal evaluation of their own effectiveness in serving
their communities, whether or not they choose to participate in the survey.

One thing that was a little unclear to me is the structure of the
question bank. Some questions seem directed at the individual filling
out the form, while others seem to be directed at local IMCs as an
organization. Did I miss it, or is there a way to designate that the
form is either being filled as an individual response or as the official
response of our IMC?

I'm just wanting to avoid any confusion about whether you're possibly
surveying individual's opinions about THEIR own IMC, too. It seems to me
you are looking at IMCs as organizations in comparison to each other and
that these questions often seem to worded so that they are directed at
the individual filling out the form, which could lead to some ambiguous
results in analyzing the data.

In other words, are you requesting that someone take responsibility for
filling out one form to represent UC IMC as a whole or are you wanting
multiple individuals from UC IMC to fill out a form to gain a range of
opinions about our IMC?

Or maybe I'm just confused, as I'm a grad student also, and I just get
this way about the middle of the semester. It'll probably be worse
before it gets better.
:)
Regards,
Mike Lehman