[Imc-radio] Jeannete Wallis callbacks

Clint Popetz clint at ucimc.org
Mon Jan 20 11:37:14 CST 2003

Hi,

	Some of you may have had the chance to meet Jeannete Wallis,
the woman who is walking across America collecting grievances from
people, and who will present those grievances to President Bush.  She
has a _ton_ of inspiring and interesting stories from each tiny town
she visits.  She and I have decided to do a weekly callback from her
walk.  Every Sunday at 2pm I'll be calling her and doing a short
interview about her experiences.  This is similar in theme to Kristen
Ess' reports from Occupied Palestine.  The pieces we collect can be
used to fill 5 minute slots in IMCRN, but I also plan to post them to
radio4all.

	This would be a great chance to learn about how to conduct a
phone interview, both in terms of running the equipment, style
guidelines (e.g. don't interrupt, don't "hmm, ahh, yes..."), and how
to produce the resulting audio.  Anyone and everyone is invited each
Sunday at 2pm.  Please let me know via email ahead of time, so I know
how many to expect.  If no one volunteers on a given weekend, I may
not conduct that interview from the IMC, because it's quite a bike
ride, and I can do it from home :)

	This will be good locally-produced nationally-relevant
evergreen material for the forseeable future.  (It's a long walk.)  It
will also help her gain attention, which has been lacking.

				-Clint

--
Clint Popetz  		         Home:  217-398-3831
  Urbana-Champaign               IMC:   217-344-8820
    Independent Media Center     Email: clint at ucimc.org
      Radio News Coordinator	 USPS:  502 W. Washington Champaign, IL 61820