[Imc-summaries] Urbana-Champaign IMC receives federal non-profit status.

imc-tech at urbana.indymedia.org imc-tech at urbana.indymedia.org
Wed Jun 13 16:58:42 CDT 2001

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center Foundation (UCIMC) received notice today, June 13, 2001, that we were granted official federal 501(c)(3) [non-profit] status.  According to our notification letter, "Based on information you supplied, and assuming your operations will be as stated in your application for recognition of exemption, we have determined you are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code as an organization described in section 501(c)(3)."

<a text story>

+++ for details on this new story, visit urbana.indymedia.org +++