[Imc-supervisors] Contacting applicants

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 10:25:17 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,
As we are making our decisions and offering positions to candidates, I've
had a few people contact me wondering about our decisions.  If your groups
has made a decisions, please let me know who you have contacted with the
decision.  I'd be happy to contact candidates.

Here is the text that I sent to a woman who emailed me this morning (she
applied to a few positions) - feel free to use it, feel free to suggest
edits.  I'll probably use some version of this to let unsuccessful
applicants know of our decisions:
*
Thanks for applying to the Technical Projects Position at the IMC.
Unfortunately, the application period for the AmeriCorps positions at the
IMC is closed.   We have already hired a candidate for this position and for
the Books to Prisoners Project.  *

* Thank you for your interest in these positions and for your commitment to
volunteer service in Champaign-Urbana.  I was truly impressed with the
quality of the candidates who applied and we had to make a lot of tough
decisions.  If you are in the Urbana-Champaign area, I encourage you to come
to the IMC and get involved (or stay involved!) in our many projects - 90%
of the people at the IMC are volunteers who have built our programs
themselves.  We always welcome more involvement - and it's a great way to
see if the IMC is a place where you could work in the future.  We hope to
have the AmeriCorps program for many years to come and your application
would be welcome.  *

--
Nicole Pion
Outreach and Development Adviser