[Imc-supervisors] Reminders & Updates

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:31:38 CDT 2010

Good afternoon Members,

I wanted to send you all a few updates and reminders:

We have selected two final projects for the 2009-10 program year to meet
civic engagement requirements:  the playground build will be on September
25th, 8 a.m. - 2:30 at which time there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony
after the project is done.  There will be project t-shirts and we need to
send sizes to the project coordinator by Sept. 1 All Americorps Mtg., the
project coordinator is also looking for build captains (point person for
each build team); they will receive training on September 23rd. from 12:00 -
1:00 p.m., if you are interested in being a build captain for our team,
please let me know.

Second project is the BTP Book Sale event on October 1 - 3.  We will be
assisting them with set-up and take down during the sale.  I will get more
information regarding time slots for set up and take down from Judith.  We
will confirm times for this project at our next meeting, September 1, 2010
at noon.

*In review:
*

*Quarter 4 Service Project Needed:*

Books to Prisoners Book Sale:  Oct. 1-3rd

Building playground at park (Sept. 25)

Great Outreach opportunity; need photo person for the project

*End of Year Retreat: Need September Date*

City Museum in St. Louis

Kickapoo State Park

No funding from AmeriCorps

remember that the 2009-10 members need to select a location and date for end
of year retreat, please have that selection available for Sept. 1 meeting.

*
*

*STAFFING *

Set Staffing Schedule September 1st. (new schedule needs to be generated)

Membership (and Benefits) - Community Connections

Production Training (checking out production equipment)

*ACTION ITEM*: Bring project materials for Staffing Desk to next AmeriCorps
Meeting / at earliest convenience.

Finally, This is to announce that the 2010 Illinois National Service
Recognition Day will be held
on October 21, 2010 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center and the State
Capitol in
Springfield, Illinois.  This is an All member event.  Planning will be
conducted in September.

--
Carol Ammons-Program Director
Americorps/UCIMC