[Imc-supervisors] Cleaning House at The Bike Project.

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Sat May 29 16:47:26 CDT 2010

*Hey all* -

One item to note.  I was contacted by "John" who is on our email discussion
list.  He offered to pick up the scrapper bikes and parts from the ramp and
take them to the metal recycler.  I figured it was OK since the amount of $$
we get from recycling steel is barely enough to cover the volunteer effort
and gas money involved.

Just so everyone knows that John has permission to remove the pile of scrap
bikes and will probably be doing so tonight (Saturday).

Tony
860-204-2704

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Anthony Cherolis <acherolis at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Although we're closed this weekend for the holiday, I wandered in and was
> doing some housekeeping stuff.  The shop has a couple of areas of disarray
> that we should probably get on top of before they get ridiculous.
> *
> 1)  The wheel pile*
> - I've been selectively going through the wheels and tossing those that
> aren't desirable (or easily fixable)
> - If a wheel has a warped rim, but the cones or axle are good - pull those
> and put in the appropriate small parts bins.  Put the rest of the wheel into
> the scrap pile.
> - There is one more wheel hanging 1X1 with hooks.  I think it would be good
> to get that into the ceiling so we can hang up that many more wheels.  I
> heard there was a hammer drill in the IMC.  Anyone know where that is?
>
> *2) The tires (new and old)*
> - First of all, don't save dry rotted tires.  If the tire is questionable,
> toss it.
> - Second, we need to organize the tire rack and make sure all the new tires
> have prices on them.
> - We need an area for kids bike tires.  I'm thinking the rack that is
> currently empty by the sign-in sheet would be a good candidate.
>
> *3) The bikes*
> - There are "piles" of bikes in some places in the back of the shop.  That
> isn't very useful and its hard to walk around.
> - Either we should cull out the scrappers or send some of the decent ones
> over to Joel.  *(want some bikes Joel?)*
> - If someone donates a bike that is a "scrapper" just put it directly onto
> the outside ramp on the side of the building.
>
> If anyone wants to have an *"organizing day"* I'm planning on coming in *tomorrow
> (Sunday) from 2-5PM* and would love some help.
>
> Tony
> 860-204-2704

believed to be clean.