[Imc-supervisors] First winner of training trip to Chicago

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:05:32 CST 2012

Good afternoon AC members,

If you all recall, during our December All AmeriCorps meeting, I shared
with you all the possibility of a member being chosen to take an all
expense paid trip to Chicago, near the Magnificent Mile[?][?].  Well, we
received an excellent training opportunity for Program Staff and (1) AC
member.  I immediately began to tally the points earned for the month of
December, for the member who turned in their Monthly Report, met their time
sheet dues dates, and attended All AmeriCorps meeting.  The winner of that
tally was:  ALLISON MCGILLVRAY.[?], at RPC.  Allison has been chosen to take
an all expense paid trip to Chicago, and to attend an awesome training
called Project on Civic Reflection.

Congratulations Allison!

I hope that you can find time to take advantage of this offering. PCR is
offering us two-day facilitation training workshop on Feb 2-3 at DePaul
University.  You will receive hands-on-training in facilitation as well as
a Facilitation Handbook and a copy of The Civically Engaged Reader to use
for program materials. A great deal!

PCR is a proven provider of Civic Reflection facilitation training. Their
offering will provide us with sound tools for member development,
retention, and team-building that also will build skills in communication,
listening, while deepening civic engagement and commitment. This effort is
part of national program, funded by the National Endowment for the
Humanities, which engages 8 others states, including Illinois in a national
Meaning of Service program. The goal is to provide professional development
for staff in order to enhance member development and deepen civic
engagement.

To learn more about the Project on Civic Reflection, go to
www.civicreflection.org.

Members, remember that we are going to be offering the second trip around
March 30th.  Please help us meet our reporting goals by reporting in a
timely manner, and earn a trip to the Windy City this June!  Good Luck and
Congratulations Allison!

--
Carol Ammons-Program Director
UC-IMC/AmeriCorps