[Imc-tenants] 10-year Indy Media Anniversary Kick-Off

JOY imcbooks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:41:54 CST 2009

On December 5th, please join the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
in celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the Indy Media movement! If
individual tenants would like to participate, please let Nicole know ASAP so
she can plug you in and/or include you in the programming. We are having an
open house, and working on various programming throughout the day. A group
is also meeting each Wednesday at the IMC at 7:00pm to plan this and other
events, and everyone is encouraged to attend.

Back in 1999, several local unions donated money to send 18 people from UC
to Seattle to protest WTO meetings.  They came back and founded UC-IMC on
Sept. 24, 2000.  Ten years later, UCIMC members continue building the
Indymedia movement both in CU and globally.  Come help us celebrate the
victories and remember the struggles of the past 10 years.  If you have
pictures, video footage, artwork, or stories, come prepared to share - we'll
be documenting the history of the Indymedia movement and everyone's story is
important!

At 2pm, join us for youth-focused media workshops on:
Radio broadcast
'Zine making
Capturing Audio/video footage
Painting
Open Source Software - Linux Install Fest

At 5pm, join us for a panel discussion with Danielle Chynoweth, UCIMC
co-founder, PeteTriDish from Prometheus Radio Project, Amy Dalton co-founder
of Philly and UC IMCs, and others.  These speakers have been engaged in the
Indy Media Movement from 1999-present.  Get a historical perspective of the
Indy Media Movement and brainstorm for the future.

At 8pm, celebrate 10 years of solidarity - we'll have live music, a DJ,
food, drink, and good company.

Hope to see you there!