[Imc-tenants] Trash/Recycling working groups

meiosha polk mmp102 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 08:26:43 CST 2010

To All Working Groups,

It would be greatly appreciated if each working group would take
responsibility for their trash and recycling. The trash should be taken out
and put into the dumpster every Monday and Wednesday night. All recycling
should be taken out and placed on the right side of the dumpster every
Tuesday night. Until such times, please keep your trash and recycling stored
in your studio or space. These items are not to be stored in common areas or
hallways. I believe everyone chipping in to maintain the building is a
better alternative to increasing space usage fees to hire additional
personnel.

There is much more activity going on in the IMC on a daily basis than ever
before. What we were once able to accomplish with one building coordinator
is not possible with the current level of activity. Not only are there 8
Americorps, VISTA, Bookkeeper and a Program Director utilizing the space on
a daily basis, but also an increase in shows, visitors, and users of the
main space. Furthermore, our studios are filled to capacity, with members of
the public accessing those spaces as well.

Yet, in spite of this increase in activity, we are still not breaking even
on the building. As a result, we cannot afford to hire additional personnel
to maintain the building. We no longer receive Consortium funds to pay for
Tim's wages, so I am currently the only person overseeing building
maintenance. Although I do have a few volunteers that I supervise for
janitorial duties, I am asking for your help and cooperation.

Thanks to everyone. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Meme

believed to be clean.