[Imc-tenants] windows open

leon mcgee leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:13:42 CDT 2011

Morning all,

I came into the IMC at 6am this morning and found a few windows open on the
main floor.

I have sent emails about this before. I am asking again to close them before
you leave. If you open it, then you need to close it. If someone wants the
window open, then remind them that they need to close it before they vacate
the area. This goes for all levels of the IMC.

Just a reminder:

We do not have an alarm system, we do not have super duper locking mechanism
on are windows, we do not have non-breakable windows, we do not have
security on site, we do not have super duper locks on are entrance doors, we
do not have cameras, we do not have motion sensors, we do have high tech
trip lasers.

What I am trying to get at is this place is very easy to break in and out
of. Most of the windows on the main floor can be easily climb into. And If
there is a wanna be spider man in town, he/she too, could get the second
floor as well. We as volunteers, tenants, groups of the IMC have a
responsibility to each OTHER, to keep are valuables, space, and others safe.
Please lock up, no one has the money to replace anything or someone.

Now nothing has happen that I know of since I started in November last year,
apart from some girls money getting stolen at Maker Faire. But just so
happen, one night, a windows is left open. Some random person sneaks in
around 9pm, start checking doors. The person makes a loud noise, Betsam and
Atif hears its, they run upstairs. The random person just so happen to have
a gun.......I think we can get the idea from here.

Thank you.

Building Coordinator
Leon McGee
202 S Broadway