[Imc-tenants] IMC air conditioning report

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Fri May 18 04:18:52 UTC 2012

Good evening,
As the IMC's Facilities Committee chair, I wanted to reach out to those
renting space from us with an update on the cooling system in the building.
Some spaces in the building are currently colder than normal, even
comfortable in some cases. We sincerely apologize that this is the case,
and this email is to inform you of the situation and what is being done to
correct it. Depending on the suite you occupy, this may or may not be an
issue for you.

Approximately a week ago, one of four compressors on our building's chiller
system locked up, and is now in need of replacement. In order to continue
having cooling at all, our contractor has made temporary modifications to
the chiller. This has the unfortunate effect of the basement in particular
being cold.

We hope to move forward with repairs as soon as next week. Please bear with
us as we fix and improve the building systems.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to respond to me
directly or join us at the weekly meeting of the Facilities standing
committee, Tuesdays from 12-1pm in the first floor meeting area.

Yours,
Chris Ritzo
Chair, Facilities Committee, IMC Board of Directors