[IMC-US] Re: [New-imc] Proposed New IMC -- IMC-US:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Aug 24 16:00:19 CDT 2003

Hi all,

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, boud wrote:

> hi everyone,
>    Someone wrote offlist to me and to a few other people active in the
> new-imc working group, asking to have a decision deadline on this!
>
> Please do make this sort of pressure - new-imc is a global working
> group which works openly!

I think there's been a bit of confusion over my request for an internal
decision deadline for the IMC-US proposal.

It's been a couple years since I was a list admin for the New-IMC group
and thought I should contact the current list admins and some active folks
on the list who had sent in proposals with deadlines and let them know
that the IMC-US proposal was sent in and that a decision-deadline for
moving it to the IMC-process list should be established.  This was not
intended in any way to put pressure on folks, nor was it intended to
shortcircuit any existing processes -- I was simply unsure how
decision-deadlines are set within the current working group.

> This sort of request is clearly unusual, might be controversial,
> so it's not something to be rushed through. IMC Oceania did not ask to
> become an "official" IMC.
>
> In any case, how about looking through
>
> http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/NewImcHowTo
>
> ?

The IMC-US affinity group has looked through this and answered the
questions in our proposal to the New-IMC working group.  If folks want