[IMC-US] A couple thoughts on the potential US site

evan evan at protest.net
Tue Jul 1 13:26:11 CDT 2003

	Syndication - pull content from USA based local imc's

Design:

First i want to say that having good web design is really important.
The www.indymedia.org site is ugly. I think even arthur, who designed
it, will admit that. It's long due for an overhaul. But there is no
reason not to make the US site very nice looking.

In my opinion, some sites which are nicely designed within the
indymedia network are: nyc, san francisco, rouge, vancouver, melbourne,
brasil, italy, belgium

Let's get something which is visually appealing, easy on the eye,
provides a compelling experience and encourages people to continue
reading. Visual design does a lot to create or destroy credibility on
websites.  Designers and information architects not programmers need to
design the website.

Syndication:

Secondly, i want to strongly support syndication. Let's make this site
a collection of US based indymedia news pulled from and strongly
linking to local imc's. Rather than having the site be a separate thing
from the local imc's. If we got really in to it we could try and do
related article grouping and stuff like that by crawling the local us
imc's... so you'd have a feature, then a list of related articles
published as open publishing on lots of local imc's... Anyway, my main
point is a US imc site should not be another open publishing site, but
rather pull content from local imc's.

in solidarity,
evan

| blog: anarchogeek.com                pgp: anarchogeek.com/pgp.txt |
| "All resistances, in the history of humanity, have appeared       |
|  ineffective, not just on the eve, but also well into the night   |
|  of the attack."                          -- Subcomandante Marcos |