[IMC-US] IMC-US Affinity Group E-mail List!!!

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Jun 16 12:30:14 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I've set up an e-mail list on our server -- and you should already have
received your welcome message.  Please take a moment (right now ;) to send
an introductory paragraph to the list (mine is below).  Right now Faith &
I are set up as list admins -- would anyone else like to be an admin (just
let me know).  Max is going to take an initial stab at writing up the
proposal for the IMC-US.  Once I finish compiling the notes from this last
weekend's Indymedia caucus, I'll post them to the
IMC-US-Process at lists.indymedia.org list and make a call to others who wish
to join the list.

Max, let us know when we can expect to see the proposal.

Just so everyone's on the same page as to the process we're following:

1. Create a proposal on the IMC-US list
2. Send to IMC-US-Process list
3. Apply for an IMC following the New-IMC process
4. Go through the IMC-Process list (part of the New-IMC process)
5. Go live!

In solidarity,

--Sascha

P.S. I'm Sascha -- I work with the UCIMC as well as helping to coordinate
various global aspects of the Indymedia Network.  I can help with various
infrastructure setup and can help coordinate things and keep us moving
through the New-IMC process.

P.P.S. In case you're wondering what you volunteered to help with, who's
currently on the list, etc. (thanks to Faith for compiling this):

john tarleton /  jt_824 at yahoo.com / editorial
max s / msussman at umich.edu OR max at michiganimc.org / editorial *also,
proposal*
john r pike / profpike at yahoo.com / editorial, content