[IMC-US] Re: [Imc-conferences] US-IMC Gathering:

Sheri Herndon sheri at speakeasy.org
Mon Jun 16 15:53:39 CDT 2003

hi everyone,

this is a great idea to have a us imc meeting!  yeah.  an idea that has been looming around us for a while.

thanks all the people at amc and beyond who inspired this and are moving on it.  ryan, i really appreciated your detailed email and will be talking with other seattle folks about this.

also, is there a new imc-us list?  i'm just asking cause i know we have an imc-us-process at indymedia.org list but now i see imc- us at ucimc.org listed here.  is that a new one?  i was just going to mention that perhaps we start having that conversation on the imc us list.  so want to make sure we post to the right list.

sascha's point about the archives for other meetings is a great one.  i thought about imc europe and their meetings.  they've already had three europe imc meetings.  here's a nice link to some information:

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/EuropeMeetingsBerna

and this link by the europe commwork group to help facilitate communication about these larger continental meetings which has other links to the earlier meetings.

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/EuropeCommworkSharedProject

i imagine there will be some really useful information here that we can learn from as we do some planning.  and perhaps asking for some input from some of the folks in europe who helped organize a few of those meetings.  they might be able to give us some great insights into the process - what worked and what didn't work.

there was also an imc-latina meeting and i think the folks in australia all got together a few times as well.  i'll check on those links from someone in sydney and will pass them on.

awesome.  i've already passed on the info to seattle.

peace,
sheri