[IMC-US] (no subject)

Joshua Breitbart breitbart at indymedia.org
Sun Sep 7 05:24:18 CDT 2003

What's the url of the site? - Josh

Quoting Brian Keith Szymanski <bks10 at cornell.edu>:

 Tom:
 >> if i mgiht be so bold... how about 1. opening the links in new windows
 >> or a new window (so they over-write each other) and thusly leave the
 >> Us site open on the computer.  or 2. using frames such that there is a
 >> small header field with a back button to get back to US?
 Ryan:
 > I'm ccing Brian Szymanski on this since he's the guy that implemented
 > the syndication site...

 Just to make it clear, this isn't IMC-US's official syndication site or
 anything, in case anyone had that idea.

 Ryan:
 > Right now the site is implemented pretty much the same way the features
 > newswire on global is implemented, but it doesn't necessarily have to
 > stay that way. The frames idea is interesting, but I wonder if any
 > local IMCs would object to their sites being displayed within a frame.
 > Personally I would favor the new window idea (or leaving it how it is).
 > Do you have any thoughts on this, Brian? BTW, Google News also uses
 > regular links for their news syndication, for whatever that's worth.

 These are all cool ideas which I think we should play around with. Right
 now I cannot give out accounts to play around with on the machine that the
 site is hosted on, but I'm willing to talk about places to put the site if
 geeks want to hammer out code together (Quinten from pgh imc has already
 made substantial contributions).

 Peace,
 Brian
 bks10 at cornell.edu