[IMC-US] IMC US imc-process deadline Wed 1 Oct 2003 17:00 GMT

boud boud1 at wp.pl
Wed Sep 24 14:06:28 CDT 2003

hi imc-process,
   new-imc working group has *internally* approved the IMC US proposal,
with one final comment supporting the proposal:
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-September/004412.html

Since it's from a Latin American IMC, it's particularly relevant,
IMHO.

i've put a deadline of:
 IMC US imc-process deadline Wed 1 Oct 2003 17:00 GMT
for imc-process discussion, but since this is not a normal case of
a local IMC, it's up to imc-process facilitators to decide if this
is the right delay and to facilitate discussion.

If no facilitator from imc-process overrides this default procedure,
and if there are no blocks by any local IMC, then following the deadline
the IMC US will be approved, IMHO.

There *are* some concerns, at least by individuals (including me!),
but nobody feels that these justify a block.

To help with any discussion on imc-process, please make use of
the general discussion of the IMC US proposal on the TWiki:

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/NewImcUSProcess

It's a twiki page - it's there to be used and help clarify things.

Anyway, here are the US IMC's documents:

mission statement:
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-August/004275.html

membership criteria:
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-September/004376.html

editorial policy:
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-September/004376.html
> In regards
> to our editorial policy, we've adopting the Urbana-Champaign's policy (one
> that multiple IMCs have utilized to build their own policy --
> http://www.ucimc.org/info/display/policy/index.php ).

decision-making method:
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-September/004376.html
> Finally, our decision-making process works fairly well through a passive
> consensus model.  Ideas needing a decision are posted to the list with
> clear instructions to list participants to respond by a decision-deadline
> date.  Assuming there are no outstanding issues at the time of the
> deadline, the proposal passes.  We've tended to have at least a few days,
> and often a week or two for discussions.

Some discussion threads (first email in thread):
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-August/004275.html
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-August/004291.html
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-August/004298.html
http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/new-imc/2003-September/004336.html