[IMC-US] Topics, We Need More Topics

bradley at riseup.net bradley at riseup.net
Wed Dec 1 19:58:03 CST 2004

Hey everyone,

i love the ability to create single topic pages with features from IMCs
all across the US, but i think we should add more topics! (! added for
excitement) Is there some process for submiting topics? or can we talk
about this really soon? I'd like to help out.

we currently have:

Animal Rights
Anti-Racism
Antiwar
DNC Boston 2004
Drug War
Education
Election 2004
Energy
Environment
Gender & Sexuality
Housing
Independent Media
Iraq
Labor
Media Critique
RNC NYC 2004

--

We need a Capitalism or Anti-Capitalism or Globalization or some combo of
these terms... something to classify features like Looking Back 5 Years at

--

Also, could we seperate Topics and Actions? Moving the DNC and RNC into
the actions category. And, (sensitive issue...) the link called Iraq seems

--

Also on my mind are a couple things....

Comment on the about us page:
http://indymedia.us/en/static/about.shtml

Major typo
[comment.postedby] ZBT at 07.Nov.2004 17:30

At the very top, the Spanish version of the site is incorrectly spelled
"espanol" when it should be "español" with an "ñ". As a Spanish-speaking
native, I can say that little things like this are very important to get
Spanish-speakers to believe that you take them seriously.

--

On a nice note, I saw friend today in santa cruz and he said that he has
been contacted by people from dc about an article they saw on indymedia.us

Students, Politicians and Community Members In Solidarity with UC Service
Workers
http://indymedia.us/en/2004/11/2222.shtml

My friend said that he now has a large list of contacts for people in
various parts of the US that have expressed support for this cause.

--

Also, I spoke on the phone today with John Anderson of Media Minutes,
etc.... about indymedia.us You may have seen the email he sent to this

Anyways, he's a wizard so he should be able to craft a nice sound bite or
two from our conversation. Media is a five minute, weekly segment. There
are usually two stories... The audio should be posted in a week or so...
http://freepress.net/mediaminutes

--

this email has gone on for quite some time now...

thanks y'all.

sincerely,
Bradley