[IMC-US] Topics, We Need More Topics

bht bht at indymedia.org
Tue Dec 7 15:36:32 CST 2004

bradley, here is a quick how to of adding a new topic:

enter the admin of the site.
go to super-user functions
select 'topics'
select 'add'
fill in the fields
(if you do not understand the fields, just open a new tab and click 'edit'
on one of the existing topics and follow that as a guideline)
click add
alert the list to new topics added

I beleive john has to make the topic pages 'live', ie make them show on
the site, however they will show in admin and posts can be categorized
under that topic before it is available on the site.

also, as for topics, I looked at the current topic pages and noticed that
many of them are blank.  it might be a good way for folks on the wayside
to start getting involved.

if you have admin access, yet rarely use it for whatever reason, it would
be nice to have people categorizing the syndicated and promoted features.
to do this all you do is open an article inside admin and select some
topics for it to be under and then click save.

if people need more detailed instructions for any of this stuff, i will be
more than willing to offer some guidance.
bht

ahhh! bradley at riseup.net