[IMC-US] Re: IMC-US Digest, Vol 1, Issue 101

Brian Szymanski bks10 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 11 13:09:38 CST 2004

> As for the text, Indymedia.us is an easier, cooler url. And it should
> not have both English and Spanish terms in it. If we actually have
> content in Spanish, it should be available by a link, like
> http://www.indybay.org/espanol/.

I think we've got some misunderstanding somewhere about dada...

This is more or less what dada does, although it does it a bit more
seamlessly, autodetecting what languages your browser is configured to
accept and displaying the page in the language you prefer. There is also
an option to change language in case you want to read in another language
or the language autodetection code got it wrong for some reason.

To take a look at how this works, see: ski.nysindy.org, and fool around
with the "Languages" link in the left bar (pardon the debugging
information at the top).

If we want a more complete immersion in one language or another, we can
follow the example of cyprus IMC, which has 3 seperate dadaimc installs,
one  each in english, turkish, and hellenic (note they don't have the
language autodetection patch installed): http://cyprus.indymedia.org

Peace,
Brian Szymanski
ski at indymedia.org