[IMC-US] Acorn offer

Kris Harsh kristohio at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:57:45 CST 2004

hi everyone, i know i don't say much but here's my 2 cents;

i don't do tech work (outsdie helping to maintain cleveland), so that being
said,
it sounds like we have a group of imcers who can do the work but only if
they're allowed to do it under the name "acorn" (for whatever reason) and
then use the site to help their company get off the ground.  ok, but why
can't these same people (who are aknowledged imcistas) do it as the "imc-us
tech group"?  it's the exact same people right?

it feels like an arm-twisting, "ok we'll do it, but only if we can use it to
launch our company in the process".

so, is there a conflict of proffessional time vs. volunteer indy time?

and i don't want to rag on the proposal, but we've never (to my knowledge)
linked to a company off indymedia.

if it's outside indymedia's capacity to put up imc-us right now, then i
think that is a reality we have to face.

thank you all who do this work, i'll listen for a while now....

kris harsh, thieveland ohio (NOT a liason)