[IMC-US] open publishing and the us imc

john duda john at manifestor.org
Mon Jul 19 19:24:17 CDT 2004

i guess my original request for clarification needs clarifying.....

usimc went through the new-imc process, part of which involves
agreeing to the use of open publishing:

http://lists.cu.groogroo.com/mailman/archive/imc-us/2003-September/000096.html

since the project was approved by new-imc/imc-process as a website
which would conform to the (in my opinion fairly fundamental) policy
of offering open publishing, i fear that if we go live without making
good on this promise we are liable to start an unproductive and
draining argument and debate on the global lists.  i don't see what
gives us the right to use the domain "us.indymedia.org" if we aren't
going to hold by the statements which were made in order to convince
the rest of the network we deserved it.

-john