[IMC-US] going live?

Joshua Breitbart breitbart at indymedia.org
Mon Jul 26 06:37:14 CDT 2004

"live" is such a relative term anyway. Does it mean when the indymedia.us url is
pointed to it? Or when we actually start promoting it?

The site won't start getting much traffic until it has something more than an
untouched syndication feed. We need at least to be able to provide some context
for the links, expand or reduce the abstracts, and correct typos.

John - I'd like an account. But is there any editorial management at all as its
currently configured? Seems like the features wire just rolls along.

I think it would be really incongruous to once in a while all of a sudden have
breaking news pop up on the site.

My main concern is that the site be most useful with the least possible effort.
That means a constantly updated center column. For that, we should allow for
multiple ways to access the center column. The easiest way to do that is simply
to be able to bump up features from the wire and that will probably be the
primary source of content. But we'd be making our lives more difficult if we
close off the option of being able to post features directly.

Josh

Quoting max <max at michiganimc.org>:

 should we decide how the site is going to work before we start doing it?

 max

 ---