[IMC-US] a proposal

max max at michiganimc.org
Mon Jul 26 18:14:09 CDT 2004

proposed by members of michiganIMC.

I. "featurewire" policy:
fully automated, syndicated wire of all features from US IMCs

II. center column policy:
-the center column is the place to feature:
	1) articles promoted from the featurewire
		-these articles will be either:
		a) bumped to the center column with no changes from the feature wire
		b) bumped to the center column with spelling and grammar corrections if
needed
		c) bumped to the center column with added links and content with the
exclusive purpose of adding context for a US-wide 		audience
	2) articles written by an editorial team specifically for US-IMC
		a) these articles will be written collaboratively over an email list, in a
very similar fashion to global

III.  additional criteria for center column:
	1) center column features should be articles produced by local IMCs with
content relevant to the US-IMC readers
	2) center column features should be original features compiled by the
US-IMC editorial team
	3) there will be an emphasis on featuring articles produced by local IMCs
rather than by the US editorial group

IV. process:
	1) there will be a US-IMC editorial group that will communicate over an
email list.
	2) this group will work out a more detailed policy regarding the promotion
of features to the center column from the featurewire as 	    needed.
	3) if articles from the featurewire fall within the criteria for the center
column, they can be promoted immediately by any individual with
editorial access.
	4) original articles produced by the US editorial group will follow a
similar process to global (proposal --> 6hrs without blocking --> publish -
this can be articulated in greater detail if people want)
	5) the email list and the internal message boards in Mir will be used for
inter-group communication
	6) the editorial group is open to anyone who is already working on a local
IMC in the US

---