[IMC-US] ASC broadcast - add to election coverage box request

Andrew F-S andfshere at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 18:37:37 CST 2004

hi,

andew here with nyc indymedia sound and the august
sound coalition.

Josh Breitbart suggested I write with info about the
ASC *election night web broadcast*, for inclusion in
the election coverage box at the nyc indymedia home
page and elsewhere.

basically, we'll be broadcasting from Williamsburg,
Brooklyn with interviews, pre-recorded material, and
live commentary & breaking news, as well cutting to
the Portland stream, the Michigan stream & taking
calls from Ohio, Penn, Florida, Hawaii and more.
Portland, ASC, Free103 and Michigan will be in close
contact on IRC.

apologies for late notice on this. things just came
togethor on our end.

 'Official text' - see below.

please let me know if there is anyone i should
contact.

thanks!

in solidarity, andrew f-s
________________________
ELECTION NIGHT COVERAGE * ON THE WEB
AUGUST SOUND COALITION LIVE FROM FUNHOUSE

Intercutting to reports from Portland IMC PDX webcast,
Michigan IMC webcast, Free103 web radio, and calls
from Ohio, Illinois, Florida, Hawaii and other states,
the August Sound Coalition will be broadcasting live
from
the Funhouse space in Williamsburg election night.

Breaking news, interviews, commentary, and more.

Stay locked at http://radio.socialtechnology.net

***If in NYC & you feel like getting out of the
house****

FUNHOUSE - 5 Projection TV's.

In Brooklyn -> Funhouse Bar will have all night
coverage. 5 projection TV's.  160 N. 4th St.
Williamsburg. L to Bedford. No cover.

*************MORE*****************

And starting earlier -> on Free103 Live Election Night
Coverage.Tune in from 5 p.m. Tuesday until a winner is
declared
to free103point9 Online Radio, www.free103point9.org.

>From Free 103- > August Sound Coaltion and
free103point9, will broadcast and stream throughout
election night from Funhouse in Brooklyn with
additional reports from free103point9 correspondents
in Hawaii, Iowa, Florida, Minnesota,
and other swing states

******* ABOUT AUGUST SOUND COALITION **********

August Sound Coalition is a group of independent
sound/transmission artists, journalists, and musicians

who initially converged to create A-Noise, an
experiment in autonomous media coincident with the
Republican
National Convention and protests in New York City.
August Sound Coalition survives as a collective based
in New York, and will continue bringing our unique
broadcasts to the public. Over the course of the next
year we will work towards the development of new
independent community radio stations for Brookyln and
lower Manhattan.

Members of the August Sound Coalition bring with them
wisdom, energy, and resources,  of several
organizations, including the NYC-Indymedia Center, the

Center for Social Technology, free103point9 , Riseup
Radio, Autonomedia, The Tank, Kill Radio (LA),
Prometheus Radio Project (Philadelphia) and Enemy
Combatant Radio (Oakland), among others.