[IMC-US] Re: process for features and the future

deva drdartist at riseup.net
Mon Nov 1 22:44:59 CST 2004

I agree that syndicated local imc features should automatically be
considered worthy enough to promote with some basic consideration to
national relevance and relationship to other features (making sure
there is a decent balance of stories, issues, and to try not to have
too many in the center column at a time from one local imc). Each
feature is already passing through that local imc editorial process.
Some general discussion of what constitutes a promotable feature can be
helpful so that there are some common ideas of structure, flow etc.
Then I think people should feel free to promote.

It would be good to also link related features from other local imcs
when a feature is promoted.

I also do not necessarily want to adopt the global approach and mindset
without some opportunity for real discussion. Fairly regularly I feel
like a small minority with some views that are not respected on the
global features list. All that said, I am really busy doing indy work
in Portland so I do not say too much because I haven't much extra time
to contribute.

regards
deva