[IMC-US] When to lift-off?

deva drdartist at riseup.net
Sun Oct 24 21:17:15 CDT 2004

Hmmm...

I have not been reading the list the past week... Technically, the
launch can go ahead, but there are some issues that need to be dealt
with.

There are no mirror machines up and active for us.indymedia. This needs
to be addressed asap. The current bandwidth is limited. Having just
read the emails below, I called one of the Portland techs and that
person was not aware of the impending launch of the us site.

What is needed are some locations with dsl lines that can host the
mirror machines and that should come from various people and places,
not be supplied by Portland (for various reasons). I think an IRC
meeting to make some plans about this would be very helpful and it
should happen asap (next few days - Wednesday would be good I think).

I figure the us site will not be busy right off, even with a press
release, but it could become so quickly with the seemingly inevitable
election madness aftermath, legal wrangling, possible protest action
and so on...

This is important so please respond asap...

Thanks
deva