[IMC-US] feature wire balance

john duda john at manifestor.org
Fri Oct 29 15:52:23 CDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 11:12:47AM -0700, bht wrote:
> hey ana, all.
>
> first off, it should be made a distinction between sf imc and sf bay.
> there are two now, and sf imc isnt syndicated to the us imc wire, sf bay
> is.
>
> aside from that, i think the reason it appears as if they have some
> duplicates and more features is because they update the features often
> instead of making whole new feature articles, so you get the original
> feature and the updated feature.

there is a weird technical "feature" of sf-active in that if you
categorize the same feature in multiple categories, you get two
distinct articles, both of which are included in the feed.  i can try
to come up with an automated way of preventing this, but for now we
should just hide duplicates.

> that is what i believe it is, i am not totally sure, perhaps an sf bay
> folk can back this up or explain.  and, i dont know a way of limiting
> that...i think global synidcation has a feed likit that only allows the
> three most recent features from a local imc on its syndication wire.
> bht

i don't actually think this is the case....