[IMC-US] Ideas for features

Joshua Breitbart breitbart at indymedia.org
Sat Oct 30 16:15:50 CDT 2004

I think we also need a feature about Iraq. It's clear there will be a
huge invasion of Fallujah, probably not before the election but
conceivably as soon as November 3. If people and media in the US are
very focused domestically (on a recount, for example) we might not
notice the bloodbath.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that this administration is
trying to pull off the Iraq elections before Bush leaves office (if
he is to leave on January 20). If they lose this country, they'll at
least have that one.

I'll try to pull some stuff together if no one else can, but I have
my hands pretty full at the moment. There was this email to the
features list:
http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/www-features/2004-October/1021-l0.html

----

Also, a feature on some of the great election-related videos might be
worthwhile. Here are links from http://clamormagazine.org/n2

Stop Me Before
         I Kill Again</a></p>
Films: Films
         For The New Democracy</a></p>
         Directed by Matthew Lenski</p>
         Music by Eminem, Directed by Ian Inaba</p>
Dick</a><br>
         Presented by Dangerous Squid Productions</p>
href="http://foolfactory.com/haus/movies/Public_Enemy_SON_OF_A_BUSH.htm">Son

         of a Bush</a><br>
         Music by Public Enemy, Directed by Memo Salazar</p>
         UnAmerican</a><br>
         Music by Ian Rhett, Directed by Eddie Carden</p>
href="http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov">The
One-Finger
         Victory Salute</a><br>
         By George Bush</p>