[IMC-US] phone tools for your imc and the election

evan anarchogeek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 23:32:15 CDT 2004

Hey folks, i've been hacking on a bunch of phone and sms toys along
with some other folks over the last month. We did the infoline with
breaking news and events and radio over your phone during the RNC.

Josh and the Michigan imc folks are going to use something we put
together to do incoming phone calls. We have created an 'adhoc pbx'
where people call in a number, and you can register other phones to
ring, the first person to pick up gets it. You can add and remove
phones just by entering in a code in the menu.

What this lets us do is have an a single incoming number which you can
scale up to as many incoming calls as you want. Just get somebody else
to agree to take calls and they can add their phone to start getting
calls. When they want to leave, they just call back and unsubscribe.

There is a cost, cus we'll be placing calls, it's about 2 cents per
minute, but it doesn't add up to much.

We can also do call and sms blasts. The former also costs 2 cents per
minute, and the sms blasts are free.  The costs all go to the phone
company, we're not making any money on it.

Anyway, we have toys, if anybody wants them.

in solidarity,
evan