[IMC-US] Indymedia Elect. Covg Feature -- DRAFT 1

Chris Anderson chanders_imc at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 12:34:40 CST 2004

Hi all,

Here's the text of an IMC coverage feature that can be
adapted to us.indymedia. Take out the references to
NY. Also, it would be good to know the following
things:

1. Are other IMC's planning on devoting similar levels
of coverage to the election that Michigan and Portland
are (ie, going beyond just features and newswire--
call ins, txtmob, radio streams, etc)?

2. Once we have features on post-election protests and
the technology (I'd really love to see a feature on
the tech side of things-- txtmob, call in #'s, etc) we
can link both of those up as well.

For ny folks-- this was put up as a razor wire. Any
objections to this?

chris

--

Most of the action this election (though not <a
href=http://nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/128651/index.php>all</a>)
will be taking place outside New York. Stay tuned to
the entire Indymedia Network for coverage of the
voting and its "aftermath."
The <a
leads off with pre-election analysis and coverage.
On the eve of the election, the Indymedia network also
announces the launch of a new website for gathering
the news and views of ordinary people across the
country and around the world. <a
href=http://us.indymedia.org>US Indymedia</a> debuts
tomorrow.
At the moment, local IMC's in <a
href=http://michigan.indymedia.org/>Michigan</a> and
seem to be devoting the most comprehensive coverage to
election day.
There are also IMC's in multiple "swing states,"
including <a
href=http://arkansas.indymedia.org/>Arkansas</a>, <a
href=http://colorado.indymedia.org/>Colorado</a>,  <a
href= http://tallahassee.indymedia.org/