[IMC-US] looking for venues: Exhibit about Argentina's Disappeared

lotus lotus at riseup.net
Tue Apr 19 12:56:14 CDT 2005

Hello. I recently met Virginia Ginannoni. She's an artist from Buenos
Aires who's made a photo exhibit about the 30,000 disappeared in
Argentina. Its an awesome exhibit. It was shown here in San Diego and
in Medellin, Colombia, and is moving on to Tijuana, Toronto and Paris.

I'm emailing you because we're looking for more and different venues.
Virginia really wants to take the exhibit to places that are more
accessible to regular people and to people working in social movements,
but her current US contact is mostly taking it to traditional art
spaces.

Do you know of or work at a space that could display an amazing exhibit
about the history of the struggle of Argentina? If so, please email me
or kuatro at ciudad.com.ar . We're specifically looking for help to take
the exhibit to Ciudad Juarez, as the content of the exhibit is
particularly relevant for the struggles going on there.

Virginia is also available to do video conferencing talks at the
openings of the events, as she has the equipment necessary to do so.

You can learn more about the exhibit here:
http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/04/4478.php

and here:
http://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/memory.shtml

Thank you,