[IMC-US] fixing banners

john duda john at manifestor.org
Thu Apr 21 14:59:12 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 03:30:54PM -0400, daniel scott wrote:
> one quick point. cnn, iht, bbc, the guardian, democracynow and many
> more pro news sites have fixed width sites.

fair enough.  (i'll readily admin i don't spend too much time looking
at pro news sites :)) the better looking of these sites use a lot less
borders than we do, and alot of white-on-white to make it work.

> The amateur look and feel
> of us.indymedia does not stem from that, and i think will be increased
> by having an expanding black bar in the banner that clearly breaks up
> the look for a functional purpose.

i don't really think the current break between the ((i)) logo and the
face graphic has any real graphic appeal or unity...

> if this function is worth that so be
> it.

i'll mock it up, we can decide if it's absolutely horrible :)

john