[IMC-US] tusc and tent u rutgers!

bradley at riseup.net bradley at riseup.net
Thu Apr 21 15:15:12 CDT 2005

Hello  Ben,

i'm bradley, a volunteer with sc-imc and indymedia.us.

yes, i'm super busy with all that is going down!

thanks so much for all the solidarity!

folks from rutgers have posted comments and articles directly on Santa
Cruz Indymedia in the last few days.

To post directly on sc-imc, use the red button that says, "publish"
above the newswire.

and, here is a direct link:
http://santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/index.php?function=publish

A comment was posted on sc-imc about a video screening tent at Rutgers
showing fooage of police abuse at TUSC. ***

Last night we had a spur of the moment midnight outdoor guerilla video
screening, Fuck The Corporate Media, in the quarry at UCSC as part of TUSC.
(story and photos coming soon, hopefully...)

We showed the films:

* A Call To Media Arms
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/videos/#ACalltoMediaArms

* Ring of Free Trade
http://indybay.org/news/2002/12/1553281.php

* To Proctect and Serve (6 mins of abuse at TUSC)
http://santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/display/17436/index.php

* Fuck The Corporate Media
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/videos/#FuckTheCorporateMedia

* The Miami Model
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/04/315399.shtml

they come highly recomended.
please pass it on!

also, hopefully more great coverage pops up on indymedia, including a
comprehensive feature on Indymedia.us.

but, we can't do it without people publishing their stories.

sincerely,
Bradley

*** and then people calling the UC Regents from Rutgers!
http://santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/display/17441/index.php

*** and emailing the chancellor the perhaps......
http://santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/display/17463/index.php

and hopefully calling the DA for Santa Cruz.... no contact details
posted to sc-imc, yet..... go for it though!

-----------------

Hi ben.

I'm working with indymedia.us, which has been trying to cover tent
state as best we can.  we're doing a pretty good job with santa cruz,
but haven't heard anything from new jersey or kansas city.

currently nj indymedia isn't syndicated to our site for technical
reasons, if you're posting there or know someone who is(or even if
you're not), we'd love to get stories on the indymedia.us open
publishing wire to work into features.  just drop a line to
imc-us at lists.ucimc.org...

john

------