[IMC-US] Re: [Imc-us-editorial] may day feature!-from Boston

bht bht at indymedia.org
Tue Apr 26 12:21:06 CDT 2005

pete, all, i beleive you know where you are posting :-)

however, i doubt many folks are really hearing what i am saying!  since
the beginning of this project, folks have been trying to use this as a
way to subvert global imc, and it is really easy to, because with global
imc there is process and people that know it...whereas here, you can
just jump in and do anything.

but it is important to at some point discuss these relations, because
having an imc that calls itself 'us imc' and having that imc cover world
news, well to me it starts to reflect what the us as a country does.  it
disregards other peoples and cultures and lives to be the best it can.
even if that means stepping on a few 'little' people.

from the beginning of this project i was against it being called 'us
imc' because it is just another affirmation that this land is the united
states and that is okay.  each time folks propose a feature or attempt
to use us.indy in a way that i feel would be encroaching on global imc,
i will call it out...and probably write an email like this shortly
thereafter.

i understand that emails like this suck to read, as i think they suck to
write.  however, i think it is overall worse to just steamroll the rest
of world network of imc's becasue we have alot of access and alot of time.

last night i was thinking about this statement:  think globally, act
locally.  and pete, everyone else, dont take this personally.  but i
have found that many united statesians take the first part of that
statement to think like they are the world or the the status quo they
live in is the global standard.  i think thats why alot of liberals
liket o use that statement :-)

okay, i will stop now.  but one of these mails will come after each
attempt to globalize the united states by you all on this list or any
list that i am on.

all that said, i wont be able to do much for the may day stuff.  i used
to make those speacils with all the compiled information from around the
country, wont be doing it this time.  i know that there are action in
portland and the northwest.  portland imc web radio will be broadcasting
and taking calls.  feel free to call in to chat with the dj's about
maydya or to report from where you are.  the number is now and will be
for a long time 1-800-939-7973.  feel free to program that into a cell
phone, since it is the same number we use all the time and we do alot of
special coverage!

bht
portland imc volunteer