[IMC-US] Yead End Compilation of Stories?

onto onto at riseup.net
Fri Dec 23 14:11:21 CST 2005

So the (linear) year is almost over.

It was a pretty good one for indy.us, don't yathink? I mean, lots of new
volunteers, cities all over syndicating, national networking between
imcistas, a couple media conferences, story collaborations, skill
sharing, new imc's being built, imcistas being mayor, borders smashed,
health care fought, offices occupied, police fought, racists confronted,
critical mass spreading, streets reclaimed, solidarity demos galore,
gardens maintained, mountains blocked, trees sat-in, Common Ground
Collective born, Encuentros, the labor split, the 6th Declaration for
the Lacandon Jungle, Counter-Recruitment, Tent Cities, Toledo, Living
Wage campaigns, M19, J20, S24, Biodev, Immokalee defeating Taco Bell,
CMRN, Anti-walmar campaign, Cindy Sheehan, Malik Rahim,

On the other hand, there was also the Federal Grand Jury, the death
Penalty executions, The rise of anti-immigrant racism, CAFTA, the FBI
killing of Ojeda Rios, Tasers, Katrina, Rosa Parks death, Utah rave,
border deaths, Pirate radios being shut down. In other words, the state,
capitalism, patriarchy and the many headed hydra of racism, sexism,
classism, ableism.

I was thinking maybe we could write a story of stories of 2005.
Documenting the sociology of insurrections we cover so well here on
indy.us, compiling a list of state terror, corporate crime,
interpersonal tragedy. Somethigng  weaving together coherence out of the
  archival chaos.  Perhaps, just links?

Well, If anyone can connect every story in 2005 into an essay, with
intro and conclusion, I'll make them dinner anytime they come to
brooklyn or san diego. Forever. Forever ever.

Maybe a nonlinear history of 2005 would be better. . .

Well. We could do this in January too.

http://indymedia.us/en/feature/archive

nonlinear love,
onto