[IMC-US] what we want from indyconference

Aaron Couch imonfire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 23:31:42 CST 2005

i just bought tickets and am excited to attend.  i am excited to meet
people and learn as much about the different projects that are
happening in the indy universe, what has been the most succesful, what
mistakes can we learn from. here are a couple of workshop suggestions
i sent to 'baku' a month or so ago:

1) sanfran / indyaby / portland: I would like to see a workshop by both indbay
and sf.indymedia sites discussing how both of their operating models
work, and what they have done successfully and what has not been
successful for them.  they seem to me to be the most successful IMC
sites and I would like to share in some of their wisdom.

2) RNC  / counter inaugrual report back: the coverage and organization
at the RNC in NYC and the counter inaugural in DC was incredible. i
would like to hear from some of the organizers about how they were
able to pull it off / what they would do differently in the future.

3) moving beyond protests:   IMCs have proven to be incredibly
efficient and powerful tools for covering large events and protests.
what strategies can IMCs use to bring that kind of coverage on a more
regular basis, to become more fully operating news outlets.

also it would be cool to have a Wiki page or somewhere that people
could post ideas that they have for discussion topics, or links to
resources, or conference listserve, so that some of these discussions
could get underway beforehand (or if these exist, for peeps to point
me to them).

peace,

-Aaron (from Philly)