[IMC-US] What's the Matter with Indymedia?

bht bht at indymedia.org
Thu Jul 28 12:30:09 CDT 2005

Hey Ryan, all.

portland indymedia is a tool to serve the folks in southern cascadia.
it sucks that folks outside of cascadia are having trouble using the
cities list, but i guess thats why you have your own sites, and cities
lists :-)

the criticisms and praise are quite welsome, and the cities list is
being constantly worked on.  the announcement feature for it is here:
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/02/310808.shtml (always at the
bottom of the cities list)

i am pretty sure this list was contacted when the cities list was first
being arranged, asking folks from various imc's what bioregion they felt
they belonged to.  it would be great if anyone who curnetly feels
misplaced on the cities list to offer a different placing (even a whole
new subheading, if thats what it takes) with some kind of web-based
back-up so that folks who are confused can figure out the reasoning
behind the placements.

As for appalachia, which has been called into question twice now (by
john and ryan...baltimore and tennessee imc) i used this reference from
wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachia

Which clearly states that some counties of tennessee and maryland were
considered appalachia.  however, since i am not from there, it is open
to change as long as you can offer some kind of background for why you
want it categorized somehwere else or want to create a new subheading.

Some things on the forefront i think are Azatlan for southwest and
mexico imc's, and redoing what is currently Mississippi Delta, since
that one is pretty obvioulsy not the best it could be.

bht